Home Non Cigar Related

PRAYER REQUEST THREAD

Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
So, it just occurred to me that there have been several posts from people who are going through some difficult situations, and the brothers here have expressed their concern and offered their prayers. Then it struck me that it might be a nice idea to have a thread in the NCR section specifically dedicated to prayer requests.

Post here if you want to ask the BOTLs for prayer support.
"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Comments

• Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll start...

If you're so-inclined, I would appreciate it if you'd say a prayer for my 12-year-old son. His name is Sam. He's been having problems for months with what we were told was athsma complicated by allergies. This leads to congestion, which leads to nausea, which leads to not being able to keep anything down for days and, on a few occasions, weeks. He's a skinny kid to start with, but when he goes days without being able to eat anything solid, he wastes away to nothing. He's been having one of those bad times since the end of last week, and it's hitting him really hard. We have an appointment with the pediatric physician tomorrow afternoon, and if they can't give us some answers, I'll press for a referral to Children's Hospital. This has been going on WAY too long and it is definitely not normal. Thanks!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With you in prayer brother. I know this must be hard for you. God bless Sam.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    My prayers are with you, Sam and your family. Keep us posted.
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • The_PhantomThe_Phantom Posts: 51
    A special prayer for your son, Sam. And may God give you strength, through this difficult time.
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers heading your way.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
    Thanks brothers! Appreciated more than I can say. God bless you all!
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope everything is figured out and you get some answers. Prayers for your whole family!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Your family is in my thoughts and prayers Doug..
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    I'll start...

If you're so-inclined, I would appreciate it if you'd say a prayer for my 12-year-old son. His name is Sam. He's been having problems for months with what we were told was athsma complicated by allergies. This leads to congestion, which leads to nausea, which leads to not being able to keep anything down for days and, on a few occasions, weeks. He's a skinny kid to start with, but when he goes days without being able to eat anything solid, he wastes away to nothing. He's been having one of those bad times since the end of last week, and it's hitting him really hard. We have an appointment with the pediatric physician tomorrow afternoon, and if they can't give us some answers, I'll press for a referral to Children's Hospital. This has been going on WAY too long and it is definitely not normal. Thanks!
    I'll be praying for Sam (and for your patience and endurance during this time).
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    Prayers for ya Puff Dougie.
    Dang! Ya'll can pray!!!

After a solid week of extreme nausea and being unable to keep anything down, Sammy woke up this morning perky and feeling better! Of course, we're taking him to the doctor this afternoon to get him checked out and see if we can figure out what causes these episodes. It's just like when your car's acting up. As soon as you get it to the mechanic, it stops doing what it was doing and runs like a champ.

So, when the doc asks what happened to make Sammy turn the corner, I'll just tell him it was the prayer power of the CCOM forum... then I'll give him a nice premipremiprem! :^)
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Doug, do they have him on steroids? No good for acute attacks, but they work well on people with asthma if taken regularly.
    Rain:
    Doug, do they have him on steroids? No good for acute attacks, but they work well on people with asthma if taken regularly.
    They had him on prednisone for a bit, and it helped. Problem is when he starts these extreme episodes, he can't keep anything down, including meds.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Glad he's doing better my friend!!

If you guys could say a prayer for my dad. He's in surgery for complications from his prostate surgery. He is cancer free and has been since the surgery, praise God, but there are a couple small complications they should have wrapped up later today if all goes well. Your prayers are appreciated.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers and good thoughts on the way, Dennis. More to follow. Please keep us posted.....
    dennisking:
    If you guys could say a prayer for my dad. He's in surgery for complications from his prostate surgery. He is cancer free and has been since the surgery, praise God, but there are a couple small complications they should have wrapped up later today if all goes well. Your prayers are appreciated.
    Praying right now, Dennis, and will keep him on my prayer list. Thankful for the cancer-free diagnosis! Will pray that the small complications are quickly resolved!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Dennis, You can count on it. Thoughts and prayers are with your father right now.
    You got em, Dennis.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Doug - good news!!! :) hopefully the doctors get something figured out so this won't happen anymore.

Dennis - prayers heading your way and to your father! Keep us posted my friend!
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Just got the word. Surgery went well. Now it's recovery time. Thanks for the prayers my friends.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We all had the flu. Now my daugher and 2 of my sons have pneumonia and strep. Could use some prayers. Thanks
    Damn jsnake, sorry to hear it. Prayers going up now for you.
    Just prayed for your daughter and sons, Jake. May God grant them rest and a speedy recovery!
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Headed your way, Jake....
    Quick update on Sammy.

Took him to the pediatrician this afternoon. Two docs checked him out. Nothing obvious, but they were very concerned (as are we) about his dramatic weight loss, and they seem determined to get to the bottom of this. They ordered a battery of tests, which included a trip to the hospital to have 12 vials of blood drawn, and a stomach x-ray. They're doing tests for everything from diabetes, to thyroid, to cilliac disease. Putting him on prednisone for a week to get him stabilized enough to eat and put some weight back on. We'll see the doc again next week and hopefully have some answers from all the tests. Little man was very brave dealing with an extremely inept lab tech for the blood draws. Seems to be getting his energy and appetite back this evening. Thanks again, brothers! Ya'll are the best!
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Awesome news!
  • flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    That's fantastic news!! Keep your heads up, our prayers are still with you!!
  • Prayers with you the wife and your boy. Must be hard and can only pray for the best.
  • honorknight7honorknight7 Posts: 523
    Puff Dougie ...
    Keeping you and your family in my thought and prayers, Glad to hear Sam's doing better, hoping God will lead the Doc's to whatever is giving the poor kid troubles !

dennisking ...
    In my Prayers Also, asking God to keep your dad in his healing arms, and thanking him that all's well so far

Jsnake ...
    Thanking God you guys are getting over the flu, and Praying that he keeps his healing hands on your Boys, & Girl to recover, as well as giving strength where its needed to you and the family
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you could all keep them coming. My daughter is at the ER. She had a bad side effect from her antibiotics and may have damage to her liver. I am freaking out a little here. Please keep praying for her. She is scared. We are scared. Thanks guys.