Home General Discussion
Options

Did you see the soldier on “America's funniest home videos”?

Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
Did you see the soldier on “America's funniest home videos” (AFV) who was in his barracks and was opening a care package of cigars? The show the clip was from aired back in November on the 17th but I just now got around to seeing it on my Tivo. He set the camera up and filmed himself showing off his new cigars (he apparently likes infused DE cigars) but the funny part was he got excited about the cigars and started dancing and tripped over backwards. (I tried to find the clip online to share it with you but I had no luck.)

Comments

• Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Holy crap that show's still on?
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    Yep and Tivo makes it cool so you can skip to the clips.
  • Options
    Bob, not only did I see that video, I was the Soldier in it! This took place while I was deployed in 2013. The cigars came in a Care Package from my wife, and I was super excited to do my nightly videos for my wife and boys. Only problem was I fell over and broke my chair behind me... I hurt my pride more than anything, but hey, at least I had my Cigars from Cigar.com It was a small victory in my eyes!!! lol.... My wife sent in the video, and my whole command saw it on TV.... Guess I'm a celebrity now (NOT), but was glad I could provide some laughs for those back in the States. Take care and God Bless....

CW2 Colburn, Steven
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    colburnsteven:
    Bob, not only did I see that video, I was the Soldier in it! This took place while I was deployed in 2013. The cigars came in a Care Package from my wife, and I was super excited to do my nightly videos for my wife and boys. Only problem was I fell over and broke my chair behind me... I hurt my pride more than anything, but hey, at least I had my Cigars from Cigar.com It was a small victory in my eyes!!! lol.... My wife sent in the video, and my whole command saw it on TV.... Guess I'm a celebrity now (NOT), but was glad I could provide some laughs for those back in the States. Take care and God Bless.... CW2 Colburn, Steven
    Well, damn that's cool! Thank you for your service!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    colburnsteven:
    Bob, not only did I see that video, I was the Soldier in it! This took place while I was deployed in 2013. The cigars came in a Care Package from my wife, and I was super excited to do my nightly videos for my wife and boys. Only problem was I fell over and broke my chair behind me... I hurt my pride more than anything, but hey, at least I had my Cigars from Cigar.com It was a small victory in my eyes!!! lol.... My wife sent in the video, and my whole command saw it on TV.... Guess I'm a celebrity now (NOT), but was glad I could provide some laughs for those back in the States. Take care and God Bless.... CW2 Colburn, Steven
    wow, thanks for your service. Do you like any other cigars or just the acid infused ones?
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    colburnsteven:
    Wow!, that is not something that happens everyday! Not only is there someone talking about a particular video, we have the person that was in said video.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forums Steve, a celebrity in our group, lol. That is too cool, what are the chances of this happening, only here, unbelievable. Give that man a cigar, and thanks for your service.
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is funny, glad to have you with us.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    Thank you for serving your country Steve. And thanks for filling us in on thE story behind that video. I'm glad to hear that you weren't hurt. Hope you can stick around here with us. We got us a pretty cool group of cigar lovers here.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this cool or what?
  • Options
    I wish somebody could find that video somewhere online and we/I could post it here or post a link.
  • Options
    bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Wasnt hard to find with the thing called google. Try it, this internet thing is pretty popular. ;)

...here it is.

• Options
    bearb:
    Wasnt hard to find with the thing called google. Try it, this internet thing is pretty popular. ;)

...here it is.

LMAO! Thank you! I tried! I swear! I looked under all the titles and combinations of words I could think of until I realized I was wasting my time. I knew it was out there but I figured it was a needle in a haystack kind of deal. I'm very curious how you worded your search. Probably something simple, right?
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    So here's the question. Are you still deployed and what's your address?
    this gentlemen needs lots of friendly fire.
    just sayin

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    bearb:

...here it is.

LMAO! Thank you! I tried! I swear! I looked under all the titles and combinations of words I could think of until I realized I was wasting my time. I knew it was out there but I figured it was a needle in a haystack kind of deal. I'm very curious how you worded your search. Probably something simple, right?

You still using that hand cranked generator?
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    dennisking:
    So here's the question. Are you still deployed and what's your address?
    this gentlemen needs lots of friendly fire.
    just sayin

Agreed Dennis. I'll throw a bomb at you Steve if you make another video when you get it, lol. That was great.
  • Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    I have to ask..what's the likely hood of his first post being this...